- Income Statement Improvements
- Comment Enhancements
- New Notification Center
- Miscellaneous Cleanup
Income Statement Improvements:
Moved the "Settings" from the gear icon to the header bar. We wanted it to be easier for the end-user to interact with the various settings items, so we put checkboxes directly in the UI and removed the need to click "apply" to apply the changes.
Hide Zeros/Nulls Changes:
- Updated to only hide the lowest level or leaf node accounts. If a total account has no value, it will still be displayed to maintain the overall structure of the Income Statement.
- Updated the default setting to be unchecked (or False). Users will need to opt-in to hide zeros/nulls.
Over Threshold* Changes:
- Changed from button to a checkbox
- Renamed "Over Threshold" to “Show Flagged Only”
- Updated the Status Icon to a red flag
- Updated to only "flag" the lowest level or leaf node accounts (ex. Total Revenue will not be flagged if it is over the threshold setting of 5% AND $10,000, only the individual accounts that make up Total Revenue will be flagged)
- Clicking "Show Flagged Only" will expand the tree and highlight rows that are flagged. It shows the accounts along with the ancestor accounts to show where the accounts are in the overall income statement structure.
- Note - Clicking this checkbox does not hide Total Rows from the Income Statement
This release contains a number of improvements to Waypoint's Commenting Feature. The goal is to make it more collaborative and actionable. Below is a list of new functionality that was included in this release.
- New Comment Button
- The comment drawer is now accessed via a comment button in the selection banner rather than being accessed by clicking on a row within the income statement
- Comments are no longer account specific
- Comments are now for the whole report rather than being tied to individual accounts (we are adding notes for that). This makes it easier to scroll through all the comments rather than having to go account by account.
- At Mentioning
- You can now @mention any active user in your organization that has access to the property being commented on. When a user is @mentioned, they will receive a notification in Waypoint.
- Reply to Comments
- You can now reply to specific comments within the comment drawer, making the comment more collaborative and actionable. Replies are only one level deep, so multiple replies in one thread will all be tied to the first comment in the thread.
- Resolve Comments
- If a comment is actionable and that action has been taken, the comment owner (or any admin) can mark that comment as resolved. A resolved comment can be unresolved as well, this is not a final action.
- Below is a screenshot of what a resolved comment looks like in the UI.
- Hide/Show Resolved Comments
- To help users focus on actionable items, we have added a "Hide Resolved" Toggle that removes Resolved comments from the view.
New Notification Center:
As mentioned above, we are building a more collaborative platform. If users can @mention one another, there needs to be a mechanism for alerting them that they have an action to take. We have added a notification center to centralize these alerts.
In the notification center, a user can see how many unread notifications they have, who mentioned them in a comment, when the comment was made, and a preview of the comment.
Clicking on a notification will navigate the user to the report where the comment was made and will open the comment drawer to that specific message.
Users can also mark notifications as read/unread and can delete notifications in the UI.
Miscellaneous Cleanup Items:
- Balance Sheet Month selections have been moved from the Gear Settings to a centralized selection banner (to match the style of the income statement).
- Saved Filters are now sorted alphabetically in the Dropdown box.