- New Hold/Sell Analysis Feature
- Added Balance Sheet to the Property Profile Page
- Added Notes Section to the Income Statement (Single Property View)
- Miscellaneous Improvements
New Hold/Sell Analysis Feature
We launched a new feature this release that similar to the recently released SWOT Analysis, is focused on strategic planning. This feature is completed at the property level and is located on the Property Profile Page of each asset.
A Hold/Sell Analysis can be completed for any year, so if you would like to backfill Waypoint with Hold/Sell Analysis' from prior years that were completed outside the platform, you can. Within each year, there are three sections and then the final recommendation.
- For Each Year:
- Final Recommendation (via a dropdown in the header)
- Recommendation Notes
- Hold Rationale
- Sell Rationale
To add a Recommendation year, you must click the "Add Year" calendar icon in the upper right-hand section (note: a year can only be added once...once that year is added, it will be disabled in the add year picker. If you add a year by accident, it can be deleted in the UI)
A blank recommendation year will look like the screenshot below. The default recommendation is "Undecided", and all of the sections will appear in an empty state, prompting the user to input Hold/Sell Items in each section.
Clicking the Add Button will display a modal for inputting a Hold/Sell Item. The modal is specific to the section where you clicked the add button. Your saved items will then display in the Hold/Sell Analysis, where they can be reordered within their section.
Example of a completed Hold/Sell Analysis:
Example of the "Collapsed" view to easily see the year-over-year recommendation for each property:
Added Balance Sheet to the Property Profile Page
If your organization has access to the Balance Sheet feature in Waypoint, then the Balance Sheet is now available on the Property Profile page located under the Income Statement. Like all components on the Property Profile Page, the Balance Sheet will be filtered to that specific property by default.
Added Notes Section to the Income Statement (Single Property View)
When viewing a single property in the Income Statement, users can now enter Notes to explain the variance to budget or the change over time that they are seeing in the report. These notes are specific to the filtered report parameters and are account specific, so notes entered for Actual to Budget, YTD April 2022 will only be visible when looking at those same parameters (Note: we are looking at ways to display notes for prior periods and will hopefully be adding that capability in the next few sprints).
When filtered to a single property, the Notes and Actions Column will display by default. To add a note, the user must click the "Add Note" link in the actions column, which will pull up a note modal where you can enter your note. More than one Note can be added per account, allowing multiple users to add notes without overwriting each other's work. Once entered, the note's author (or any admin) can edit or delete their note by hovering over the ellipsis icon and selecting the desired option. Hovering over the note will also display a tooltip showing the author and the last update date of the note. The notes are displayed in the order that they were entered (first being at the top, last at the bottom). The notes entered are included in the report export. Users can also hide or show the notes in the Income Statement by clicking the "Hide Notes" checkbox in the header of the feature.
- Hide Zeros/Nulls (Income Statement and Balance Sheet)
- This checkbox was moved out of the gear settings and directly into the Header of both the Balance Sheet and the Income Statement. The change now happens instantaneously rather than needing to apply your changes.
- The default setting was changed to unchecked
- The logic was updated so only the lowest level Accounts that are Zero/Null are removed. If a total section does not have any values, the section will now show up in the UI.
- Show Flagged Only (Income Statement Only, when a Variance Threshold is present)
- If a variance threshold is in place for a property (single property view), then a "Show Flagged Only" checkbox will be present in the header bar. Checking this box will highlight all accounts that are over the threshold set by your organization, highlighting which accounts require notes and attention.